From:
"Wyatt, Carol A. (MRO)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:35:49 +0000
Julie:

The question arises related to both structured and unstructured data; however, crafting the definition becomes more difficult related to the unstructured data which generally resides either in SharePoint or on file shares.  In communicating retention compliance requirements, we want to be system agnostic.  By having a definition for SoR, we will do not limit our internal organization from using their preferred "system" as long as it meets the requirements of a system of record.

I hope that clarifies our need.

Thanks,
Carol