From:
"David T. Macknet" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2012 19:01:45 -0700
 https://www.npr.org/templates/transcript/transcript.php?storyId=99353053
[1]

"CONAN: And what did you - when you found them - you sort of rediscovered
them?

"Mr. WASHINGTON: Well, I don't know that they were rediscovered, because
they were there all the time. The question is - well, what happened was
these records were formerly housed at our facility out in College Park. We
have two facilities, one down at our college - in the College Park area and
one downtown. About two or three months ago, those records were brought
downtown, and of course, there - because of the situation where Barack
Obama is poised to become the president, the 44th president of the United
States, there was generated a lot of media interest. So, we got inquires
about these records. So, my first contact with these records were probably
about a month ago. And we went inside and assessed what was there and what
kinds of documents were in there. And we had a media event back in December
where we invited more - about 18 media outlets, and certainly we shared
these documents with them and the general public."
 Thought this was appropriate, given the recent discussion surrounding the
"discovery" of records.

 -D

		David T. Macknet

		[log in to unmask] [2]