From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2012 10:45:26 -0400
SNIP FROM LOIS ENNS:

> From: "Enns, Lois" <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: June 26, 2012 4:00:30 PM EDT
> Subject: Re: Linked Excel Files and Content Server Question
>

> When we migrated 19,000 Risk Management files into Open Text, we created
> and captured a unique ID for each file, and went back into our Claims
> Management database and programmed in the new fully qualified paths for
> the linked files.

> Regards,
> Lois Enns
>

> LOIS ENNS  BA MISt | RECORDS MANAGER
> CITY OF SURREY
> Legislative Services Division
> 14245 56 Ave, Surrey, BC, Canada V3X 3A2
> P 604 591-4554 | 604 591 8731 www.surrey.ca

Lois,

I work with a great many Towns and Cities on Vaults for their Vital Records, Deed Books, etc. I was interested in why there are so many Risk Management files?  I did some research and you are a City of about 400,000 and it seemed to be very pristine. Where does the Risk come from?  The surrounding rivers, the demographics of the City, winter weather?  That seemed like a great many files compared with other Cities I have worked with or maybe this is just not a group they break out?

What was the intended gain from migrating these Risk Management files?  Are the files being migrated so Citizens can access the information?

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134
WWW.FIRELOCK.COM