From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:45:59 -0400
Ann:
We are currently implementing the archiving/purge processes we had developed for our SAP CIS database.  It is true that you cannot delete SAP records/objects directly from the R3 (active front-end) database.  You can archive to an offline repository and delete from there.  However, you cannot delete individual records/objects.  You have to archive in batches (usually by object and trigger event date) and then delete entire batches.  If you have to hold anything in the batch for some reason, then you must hold the entire batch.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division