From:
Leigha Ryland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2012 13:37:23 +0000
Hi Don,

We are currently migrating from OpenText ECM to SharePoint 2010 and below are a few concerns we have identified thus far.

- Security of documents based on metadata.  If not there, how can you restrict what someone can see at a lower level than content type,...,...
 - Information Policies (Retention) based on metadata and/or managed metadata.  Can retention be based on metadata instead of content type, ..., ...
- Changes to metadata and/or managed metadata (ie. combine departments, department name changes).  How does SharePoint handle the changing of departments, etc. over time.  Meta data management.
- Is SharePoint looking to extend it's functionality into physical records?

Thanks.