From:
Sharon Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2012 12:20:39 -0700
I had never been to Chicago until I attended MER this year. I flew into O'Hare since Alaska Air flies there now non-stop from Seattle & they are one of our preferred carriers. I had a day & 1/2 to be a tourist. I had a blast. Normally I only eat raw foods and very little meat. Okay - diet aside. I'm in Chicago and I'm going to enjoy myself. (I did locate the downtown Trader Joes for some healthy groceries).

Sunday morning early I took one of those hop-on hop-off bus tours. I needed to understand the layout of the city and see the sites. Worth the $30 or so bucks. The weather was bordering on thunderstorms. Otherwise I would have taken a boat tour on the river. Loved the architecture and learning some of the history. Bus tour over I hit the pavement.

I walked 11 miles Sunday. I know because I'm wearing a pedometer. I got lost a few times, but people are friendly and love to show off their city. I ended up shopping at Nordstroms (I'm from Seattle and this is my hometown store. I'm like a homing pigeon - I can find Nordies in any city). I did make it too all the groovy-cool department stores too. We don't have much else here except Macys.

Pizza was ordered from Giordanos. I thought it was good. A small deep dish would have fed 3 people. I had dinner at Ditka's. That was fun. Of course I had salmon not steak. I guess I'll never live that one down. I'm in Chicago and had salmon not beef :)

Something else that I did was go up to the 95th floor of the John Hancock building to the bar. Had a drink and took photos. The bartender and the bouncer were terrific in helping me figure out a jazz club to check out. I ended up over on Rush street. I found out that if you're walking, you can go faster there - more 4-way stops and no waiting on traffic signals.

Wish I was joining you all this year.

Rock on!
Sharon

Sharon Burnett, CRM
Seattle Washington USA

"If it ain't broke, take it apart and see why. If it is broke, take it apart
and see why."