From:
"Martin, Deborah L" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:46:26 -0700
Julie,

Thank you for helping me focus the goal on this task.  I provide RM support to this customer on anything RIM related. The requirements document that I provide to my customer will then be provided to the IT group to use in selecting an application to manage email.  They don't currently have an easy system to manage email, they save each message as needed and store the messages in the electronic records system.  It isn't easy so nobody does it.  We do have retention schedules for the records, so that's not part of this request. The concern is to implement a system to store email for the required amount of time, enable destruction at the end of the retention period, and make the records easily retrievable by appropriate personnel (so security will need to be applied to various people/groups).

We are using Microsoft Outlook for email and our electronic records are stored in Livelink.

Deb