From:
sasha babin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2012 20:21:22 -0700
Wayne,

Every time when I see something like "I have a lot of stakeholders who just want to
delete the old index data and start fresh,", I try not to smile by reminding people that this is beginning of "Manifest of Communist Party".

Now, back to business:
You can use something like "Archives of Ontario Act" which states clear - no Alterations allowed.
I mean that somebody already used these files and referred to these files. If these information would be deleted, it would be difficult to know if all files "came back".
It is better to use old data and to add new information in case you will find it necessary.

Regards,

Alex Babin

Frederic J. Grevin
212-312-3903
Vice-President, Records Management
New York City Economic Development Corporation