From:
Steve Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2012 16:04:48 -0400
I care not the method of info conveyance; text; email; media of choice,
etc.   To me that is not the issue as this particular thread has
morphed; even though it started out as to whether State of Alaska gov't
texts are public records.  The issue is whether others have rights to
request and expect to see records of public agencies and governmental units
with whom they have no connection.    IMO a "public" record is and should
be public only to those particular citizens and constituencies; those of
that country; state or commonwealth; city, county, etc.

I like the Commonwealth of Virginia's public records law as expressed by
Ginny.  I like it much better than what the State of Nevada has/had
(assuming it still is open to anyone outside of citizens and
constituencies).

I can see a public records request from me to Virginia.   Hi, I am Steve;
from the midwest originally.  I want to see a bunch of your XYZ records...;
just because I am darn nosy and want to start some muckraking via the media
with records that you kindly provided to me; never mind my affiliation with
a union from Joisey named Guido; my connectons to a country in the mideast
widely acknowledged to sponsor terrorism; and that I am a card-carrying
member of a USA organization that is on the lists of terrorist orgs by
agencies of a dozen nations.   Virginia responds; "Go pound sand Mr. Steve,
what we do here is none of your dadgmmed business."    A.n.d  t.h.e.y
a.r.e  r.i.g.h.t!   Within their rights too; and doing a darn good job of
protecting the best interests of their citizens and institutions.

We had a BBQ sauce war immediately preceding the '98 ARMA Annual conf. in
Chicago.

Somehow we avoided acrimonious culinary conversations immediately preceding
the '04 ARMA Annual conf. in Chicago.

Now, immediately preceding the '12 ARMA Annual conf. in Chicago..., there
was a chili conversation this past weekend on facebook among some ARMA
members.  No beans or con beans.  Perhaps Patrick C. will bring a pot with
him to the conference; we can just pick out the beans if we do not like
them.

I hate paper ...   do not much like microfilm either.

 Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM