From:
Trudy Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2012 23:18:22 -0400
Sharon,
So I guess the receipts are captured in Acctg and attached electronically to the reimbursement request and kept according to retention schedule?

But  my question  is to checks received by a company in Accounting and made by automatically deposited by scanning to deposit to a bank electronically (as many banks are touting).  Does that equipment electronically place a "code" to identify date scanned/deposited on it?  And does the bank keep an electronic copy that is reflected in the customers "electronic statement" . In other words an electronic copy of the check that was deposited?

And how are all of these transactions reflected on the Retention Schedule, or for that matter audited?

Trudy M. Phillips
Business Consultant
Leeds AL 35094
Office: 205-699-8571, Fax: 205-699-3278