From:
Angela Fares <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2012 19:28:06 -0500
Is this not an issue because you have controls in place to ensure that
illegal images of medical or PII are not made with personal cell phones?
Or, are you one of the lucky ones who has never had to try and figure out
the potential source of a data leakage?

I have been advised by security experts that imaging technicians are the
"hot" new source of "skimming" information from the files just as sales
people or service people use "skimmers" to harvest credit card information
for identity theft, except that the damage caused by leakage of personal
medical information could be infinitely more damaging and long-lasting.
I've started downloading reports and white papers, but this is a relatively
new threat detection and does not begin to address the use of personal
devices in the work place.  I've even been told that imaging technicians are
given free smart phones to capture information on potential targets in
exchange for free usage.  Kind of scary, don't you think?

I am looking for any information on controls that are reasonably
enforceable.

Help me, Judy!  I trust your judgment.