From:
Wayne Hoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2012 10:04:17 -0400
I've often wondered if tagging information for search and retrieval (the fabled
Folksonomy) is viable.  Frankly, I don't want to be the first one to try it - I've
never heard of any organization making it work before.  At first glance it
seems an extremely tall order - how many electronic files do you have to tag?
If it's in the order of millions, then you have your work cut out for you,
especially if the files require more than one tag.  Hire a dozen people
immediately.  Perhaps, however, there are shortcuts - for example, you could
apply a tag on a folder where all contents and subfolders inherit that tag.

Regardless, please let the listserv know how it goes.  I'm certainly curious
about how effective it might be (and if your legal group supports the effort).

Thanks.

Wayne Hoff, CRM
Calgary, AB