From:
Elana Kleinman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2012 20:50:55 -0400
My name is Elana Kleinman. I graduated from The Catholic University of
America's School of Library Science in January of 2012.  Working with one
of my former professors a classmate and we  turned a class project into a
research study. We are studying alternative and traditional careers within
the federal government. We are currently looking for additional federal
government employees (and contractors) with a MLS employed in
non-traditional library roles (such as record management, archives, and IT
based role, and so forth. Below is the official announcement.  The survey
will be open until 10-31-2012.

Thank you,

Elana

Dear colleagues--

The Alternative and Traditional Careers for Librarians and Information
Professionals Survey is now available! You are invited to participate, and
to encourage others to participate.

The survey is located at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/R3W7SLS .

Please forward this invitation to individuals and groups who might be
interested.

We are seeking input from anyone working for a Federal government agency in
any role, either as a contractor or a Federal employee, who has a
background in library and information science. It is designed both for
those in traditional library organizations and job classifications, and
those in nontraditional career paths.

The survey has 20 questions and should take about 10 minutes to complete.
By participating, and encouraging others to participate, you'll be helping
to show the variety of ways that librarians are contributing to our Federal
Government, in both alternative career paths and traditional library
services. You'll be helping to increase understanding of the options open
to librarians, and the ways in which a degree in Library & Information
Science may be relevant in a variety of professional positions.

All responses to the survey will be kept confidential. No individually
identifiable information will be reported.

If you have questions about this research, please contact David Shumaker,
Clinical Associate Professor, Catholic

University of America, at [log in to unmask] or 202-319-5551.

Thanks for your assistance!