From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:37:56 -0700
I'd have to agree with Bill.

Any time I hear a vendor/consultant/other speak of a "product" as a
"solution" when they haven't even begun to analyze the need, I cringe.

In most cases, irrespective of WHAT the product is, the absolute best a
'product' can be is a "TOOL" to assist an organization in reaching a
solution to a situation they are attempting to resolve.

And law firms are strange beasts. Depending on the type of law, how the
firm is organized, its geographic diversity and the type of business
structure they have (corporation, partnership, consultants, etc) there is
no single answer to how a law firm should do something.

Is that a bit less "rough"?

LArry

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Creamer, William <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> No, just being clear. Your assertion is off base for a law firm.  Irene
> doesn't  need to talk to a sales person at this point.  She needs to talk
> to a knowledgeable person, either a records manager in a law firm, or a
> consultant (CRM) with significant exposure to law firm systems, about the
> concepts and strategy that will get her firm where it needs to be. The last
> step is to buy a "solution", not the first step.
>
> Bill Creamer
> Records & Conflicts Manager
> 212.728.3448

*Lawrence J. Medina