From:
"Elizabeth W. Adkins, CRM, CA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2012 09:16:15 -0400
Please join the Northern Virginia chapter of ARMA for our November chapter
meeting.  Our program theme for this chapter season is “The State of the Art
in Records and Information Management.”  On Wednesday, November 14,
highly respected consultants Susan Cisco (Gimmal Group) and Sue Trombley
(Iron Mountain Consulting) will join us to discuss the role of Records
Management Coordinators in governance of RIM programs.  They shared this
presentation at the ARMA International conference in September, where it
was very well received.

The concept of appointing RM Coordinators across an organization is a
fundamental RIM concept that receives very little attention compared to the
implementation of ECM technology.  But while advances in technology are
making it possible for records and information managers to extend retention
and other business rules across all media and storage locations, technology
can't do it all. We still need RM Coordinators to do it well.  But what is the
best ratio of RM Coordinators to employees?  What responsibilities should be
assigned to them, and how do we extend their responsibilities to e-records?
How do we recruit them? Highly respected consultants Susan Cisco and Sue
Trombley conducted a survey of CRMs to establish some benchmarking
criteria.  In this session, they will discuss the results of the survey and
provide some insights on best practices for starting and maintaining an RM
coordinator network.

About our Speakers:

Susan Cisco, Ph.D., CRM, FAI, is a Director in Gimmal Group’s Enterprise
Content Management services organization. Susan brings more than 25 years
of experience in the records and information management field as a
practitioner, educator, and consultant. She has successfully consulted with
companies in multiple industries, including oil and gas, hospitality, healthcare,
insurance, utilities, and government. Susan holds an M.L.S and Ph.D. in Library
and Information Science from The University of Texas at Austin. She is a
member of ARMA International, and in 2000 was named as one of ARMA’s
Company of Fellow award winners.

Sue Trombley, MLIS, director of consulting at Iron Mountain, has more than 25
years of information technology and records management and information
management experience in a variety of industries. Her specialties are
enterprise information management strategy, e-mail management strategy,
and electronic records roadmap development. Trombley holds a master’s
degree in library and information science and is a frequent speaker at
association events and webinars.

Logistics:

DATE:  Wednesday, November 14, 2012

TIME:
5:30 PM  Registration
6:00 PM  Dinner
7:00 PM  Program
PLACE:  Marco Polo Restaurant, 245 Maple Avenue West, Vienna, VA 22180
703.281.3922
PARKING:  Free at the restaurant
METRO:  Vienna Metro plus a five minute cab ride
COST:  $25.00 Member, $30.00 Non-Member
Register at https://co.clickandpledge.com/advanced/default.aspx?wid=32497