From:
Alexandri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2012 14:38:40 -0400
On Nov 2, 2012, at 2:21 PM, Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Use the big bucket theory if you want it is great for the economy, it will
> lead to hiring of more staff, lawyers and consultants.

I beg to differ - if documents are properly labeled with meta data, then the big bucket approach will lead to increased efficiency - not the need for more staff, lawyers and consultants.

As always, it is the implementation of the concept, not the concept itself that leads to inefficiencies.

A poorly implemented Big Bucket approach could do just what you say. But that can be said for any system.

I have designed and implemented numerous systems for many different government agencies, City and Federal, and each time the Big Bucket approach has led to a more efficient system that takes less time for the users to conform to, less time for the system to be administered, and more accurate classification of documents.

With the proper meta data in place on the documents, and good search engine technology and practices in place, the need for consultants and lawyers is reduced as well as the benefits listed above.

Don't condemn a practice until you've seen it implemented properly.