From:
Katie Kalk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2012 11:44:12 -0800
*Save the date: February 8, 2013*

*Hosted by: *ACA @ UBC International Symposium

*Topic:* We Shape Our Tools, and Our Tools Shape Us

*Where:* Frederic Wood Theatre, University of British Columbia

The 5th Annual ACA@UBC International Symposium, “We Shape Our Tools, and
Our Tools Shape Us", will bring together experts in digital forensics,
preservation and recordkeeping in order to open a dialogue about the nature
of different technologies used along the records lifecycle and the way they
have come to influence records creation, maintenance, use and
preservation.

The presenters are:

·         Eric Borglund, Mid-Sweden University

·         Bethany Cron, US National Archives and Records Administration

·         Barbara Endicott Popovsky, University of Washington

·         Richard Marciano, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

·         Nancy McGovern, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

·         Bruce Miller, RIMtech, Canada

·         Frank Tompa, University of Waterloo

Registration will open in December! Be sure to keep an eye out for further
updates on early bird registration specials, Symposium program, and
presentations abstracts! For more information, please visit the Symposium
website: <http://acastudentchapter.sites.olt.ubc.ca/>
http://acastudentchapter.sites.olt.ubc.ca/

Please join us in this interdisciplinary dialogue at the 5th Annual
ACA@UBCInternational Symposium, as we investigate the challenges and
opportunities
of our professional tools!

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us
at: [log in to unmask]

*ACA @ UBC Executive*