From:
"Brian E. Pillard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2012 21:56:14 +0000
Here at Lancaster County we are the internal records management service for city and county government.  We have a Graphtec CS500 Pro large document scanner and can't find scanning software that will handle large images.  We purchased the scanner in 2006 and it came with Scanning Master 21+.  Scanning Master 21+ only creates single page image files and we need multi page tif and multi page pdf files.  We had been using Infotek Scan 10 which does not create pdf files.  We upgraded to Infotek Scan 12 for the pdf capability and now get out of memory error messages and other errors that crash the program.  Our Information Services Division has added memory, wiped the PC and reinstalled everything and finally said that we are asking the software to do more than it was meant for.   We have large plat maps and surveys up to the scanners maximum 42" x 42".  The documents that we have now are 30" x 30" and we cannot get them scanned.

Can anyone point me to software that is reasonably priced and can handle scanning large documents?

Brian Pillard, CRM
Records Manager
Lancaster County Nebraska
(402) 441-6065

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.