From:
Frederic Grevin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2012 15:26:15 -0500
Hi all, my wife Sarah makes these very simple vanilla bean cookies.

I took a batch to work-the records analysts ended up FIGHTING over who would get the last one. So I asked Sarah for the recipe (you may already know it, but if not, enjoy!)

Very best wishes to all for a happy holiday season.

Fred Grevin

I knew I should have sent a bigger tin of cookies. [FRED:  my wife's comment when I told her the records analysts were fighting over her cookies]

Vanilla Bean cookies

1 cup butter

1/2 cup granulated sugar

2/3 cup almonds, chopped finely

1 teaspoon vanilla bean, minced

2 and 3/4 cups flour -- less 2 tablespoons

Mix all ingredients in order shown with an electric mixer. It will be very stiff.

It says to chill for an hour, but I never do.

I mold then by hand to crescent shapes, put on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees til golden. If they don't brown on top, that's ok.(My oven might be slow, because mine went 25 minutes last night).

Put directly in tin filled with confectioner's sugar. Let cool with top off.

Make a double recipe, because they don't seem to last when my children are home.