From:
John Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2013 12:57:22 -0400
Yes, I believe I recall correctly that when Bush realized emails were
records he decided to use email less and have fewer of them so they would
not be used for accountability. This infuriated many individuals "on both
sides of the aisle."  There have also been repeated issues over the years
with Presidential Libraries and when and how information gets put in those.

It has been often documented in various diverse news sources that regardless
of political ideology it is common for "the elected ones" to promise
accountability and transparency while changing once they are in office to
doing exactly the opposite. That's why we have regular reporting (through
records) to the public by both government agencies and corporate executive
boards.

Accountability and the records needed to insure it are important regardless
of who is in any particular office.

John Phillips
Information Technology Decisions
www.infotechdecisions.net