From:
"King, Douglas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2013 18:18:35 +0000
I agree with Chris and Dwight on both points.

Having worked in city and county government for nearly all my career, and having worked directly for elected officials of both political parties, I keep personal politics and opinion at home on my own time. I affiliate with the party of my choice. I vote. I sometimes contribute to candidates. Sometimes I have signs in my yard or stickers on my pickup's bumper. I leave all that behind on my walk from the parking garage to the Records Center.

Success is when citizens (and nearly all coworkers) have no idea what my personal politics are. The public has a right to neutral, objective and fair delivery of public services. Politics is the process that makes policy -- as a County employee, I must either follow policy and reconcile myself to that, or get out.

Douglas King | Records Manager & Freedom of Information Officer | Sedgwick County Division of Information and Operations
p: (316) 660-9846 | f: (316) 660-3274 | [log in to unmask]
525 N. Main, Records Center | Wichita, KS 67203 | www.sedgwickcounty.org