From:
John Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2013 10:29:05 -0400
Re: Dwight's statement about "... On the other hand, rarely is transparency
seen for what it actually is: an important part of checks and balances,
often represented in law, other times something aspired to...." etc.

Nice post. It captures the essence of the push-pull that will always be a
part of the ongoing relationship between the public's right-to-know and the
need of government employees to budget for demanded activities while also
simply getting their jobs done. Debating this issue on what is or is not
adequate "openness" has been going on for much of US history, with
allegations of political motivations very common.

Only "open discussion" can inform and educate about "open records."

John
John Phillips
Information Technology Decisions
www.infotechdecisions.net