From:
John Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2013 12:40:16 -0400
Re: Ginny's post about - " We receive a variety of FOIA requests - some for
legitimate need to know, some for media stories,  and some from citizens who
basically want us to do their work for them.  "

Thanks Ginny. Her observation shows clearly how hard it is for there to be
one single perspective on the "openness" of records issues. And that there
are consequences and costs for every solution.

So debating issues has real value. And if a particular Listserv posting
seems inaccurate or there are better examples we can provide then we can all
learn from the discussion. Or use the delete key.

There is a lot on Google that I don't agree with, but I am not stopping
myself from using Google and taking advantage of what I benefit from reading
there. As has been said in many other contexts - "Take what you need and
leave the rest."

John