From:
Frederic Grevin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2013 14:10:18 -0400
Scott Abel said "Finally, something interesting besides what our curator posts. I think politics and records management are intertwined and that threatening to leave a list is both childish and unprofessional. Don't like the direction an online discussion takes, ignore it, delete it, or remove yourself. Making proclamations and waxing poetic for the old days when politics didn't enter the equation is not based on reality. Politics, as much as any other influencing factor, is -- and should be -- fair game in any discussion list about records and their management."

Since this discussion thread flame has become personal, I will say the following:

1.      I do not know Mr. Abel, but I DO know Bill Creamer.

2.      Given a choice between the type of comment posted by Mr. Abel or the comments posted by Bill Creamer, I choose the latter.

I have no intention of un-subscribing from this listserv-which overall, offers many useful discussions-but would be greatly obliged if Mr. Abel either stopped making such comments, or un-subscribed from this listserv.

Thank you,

Fred

Frederic J. Grevin