From:
sasha babin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2013 18:54:51 -0700
Hello to Records List fellows,

Right now  I had an interesting conversation with Bell Canada representative regarding the bill I got today.
The short history is:
Long time ago I decided to change telephone provider and asked Bell Canada how I could cancel my service.
Bell answered that I simply should call them and let know.
After switching to different company, I did what I was told to do. Few weeks later my account was billed as Bell's customer.
I spoke with Bell and was promised to get back my "overpayment", and  today I got letter from Bell with... Bill for additional charges.
Of course, I contact the company and was told that I should pay for ... not given "30-day notice charge"

When I asked if Bell has this condition written in my with Bell agreement, the answer was "No"

Here is some pieces from our conversation for your interest:

A chat representative will be with you in about 1 minute(s). Thank you for waiting.
Chat representative Jenelyn has joined the session and is ready to help. To start, please provide your name and home phone number.
Jenelyn: Hello and welcome to Bell Home Phone billing department residential chat service (Ontario)! How may I provide you with excellent service today?

You: AlexanderAccount number xxxxxxxxxxx
Jenelyn: Thank you!
Jenelyn: Let me pull up your account and check on your bill date and billing cycle which is the way on how and when you're being charged for the service.
Jenelyn: In order to best assist you, may I please have your home telephone number including the area code?
You: Of course, and today is the second conversation .
You: During the first conversation I was explained that I will get REFUND, and not request for PAYMENT
You: xxx-xxx-xxx-, I surprised that this information is missing in your records, although BELL sales people called me few times  ( as former customer)
Jenelyn: I certainly understand if you were informed that you will receive a credit for the days after your service has been cancelled. However, let me go over your bill first for me to come up with the  best resolution to help you out today.
You: Thank you Jenelyn,
Jenelyn: You're most welcome, please continue to stay online.
You: Could you please provide me with copy of my agreement with Bell from February 2001 where this condition was printed and signed by me?
Jenelyn: I'm sorry, however, we no longer has it in records.

You: I was simply told to say bell about cancellation and that it
Jenelyn: I certainly understand if you were not informed. However, as far as I'm concerned, this is what the procedure that we always follow if the customer would like to cancel any service.
Jenelyn: You may speak with our customer service at 1 800 310 BELL(2355) for further assistance.
You: Could you please send me an example of official Bell document that has this 30 notice condition
You: This is Bell's internal procedure that customers are not aware off what already violets the legislation.
You: I expect Bell representative contact me.
Jenelyn: For further information, you may contact the toll free number above.
You: Could you please provide me with image of blank Bell Bill statementwith 30 day notice condition highlited?
Jenelyn: For further information, you may contact the toll free number above.

That's all.

Interesting, may be my comments will help
Company like Bell, that  is not able to keep its Agreement with customer and could not provide customer with copy of policy during the online conversation, to improve its Information Management  policies and procedures.

Regards,

Alexander Babin