From:
Julie Colgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2013 09:49:30 -0400
Hi Sharon - my initial question is, "acceptable" to whom?  Regulators?  A judge?  In house counsel?  RM?  IT?  LOB?

The creation and retention of destruction logs, of any and all sorts, is a debate I've had many times with colleagues in RM, and with employers and clients.  The ultimate answer ... you guessed it ... depends.  :). Depends on the processes and technology you have in place; depends on your industry; depends on your jurisdictions; depends on your risk tolerance; and so on.

I suspect folks on the list can share what they currently do, or have done, but the final answer will likely be unique to your specific organization.

In the spirit of answering your question directly ... I, personally, have never used stubs (nor would I) as a destruction log/audit trail of destruction.  Stubs, depending on the system and content, can be more revealing than you might want them to be.  But again, depends on a variety of criteria.

Best,
Julie

Sent from my iPad