From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2013 13:43:42 -0500
 What can I use to help a 20 year old French major think

> about this track?

Good lord woman, this student is a 20 year old French major, Tell them
anything you want. They have to be among the most easily led, passionate
followers alive. Tell them they can make a living doing it.

What can I use to help an academic advisor in the Biology
> Department think about this track?"

Like the Biology advisor will let you near one of their students. Possibly
not duck when they draw a bead on you.

What do you suggest?

Concentrate on the Liberal Arts folks. With few exceptions most of them
will be looking for a way to make a living with their degree. Connect the
dots. The information they value some much in their fields had to be
managed by someone at some point. Show them that making a living is
possible with just a little more education.

Good luck,

Chris Flynn