From:
"Brian E. Pillard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2013 14:33:12 +0000
We have an in house records center and for the last 17 years have been using a portable bar code reader from Worthington Data (now Worth Data).  When we disposed of boxes we were able to download, to the reader, the list of boxes to be disposed with their corresponding location.  The reader displayed each box in location order to be scanned and verified as it was pulled from the shelf.  It was called a pick list.  We then uploaded the completed pick list to update the records center database.

Last week our portable bar code reader finally died and I am now finding out that the new version does not do pick lists.  We have an in house developed records center software and we have imported and exported CSV files between  the reader to update the database for boxes coming in and boxes going out. I'm wondering how other records centers handle pick lists when removing boxes.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Brian Pillard, CRM
Records Manager
Lancaster County Nebraska
(402) 441-6065

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.