From:
hilarie brock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2013 12:25:28 -0600
Is this the beginning of the end of our privacy?  Seems financial and law enforcement institutions feel they need to be able to probe into 'anyones' business whether they have committed a crime or not. I do not necessarily agree with companies having access to personal information only from the standpoint I want my information 'safe' not 'out there' for everyone to see. I do not want to try to prove who I am if someone steals my identity/information. If there is a legal reason for investigating someone's personal life, then it needs to go through the courts asking for a warrant to investigate; they must have enough probable cause to poke around in someone's life. I feel the courts need to be very careful how much access they allow individual companies to peer into people's lives; it must only be for the 'right reasons' not just because they want to know if they have a Swiss bank account.