From:
Phil Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2013 18:17:21 -0400
RIM staffers of public or investor-owned electric utilities: how long are you
keeping contracts in general and specifically power sales agreements with key
customers/other utilities?  Or do you not differentiate?

We keep many contracts "Life of Company" but certain transactions, like
residential service agreements, purchase orders, etc., aren't captured and
retained like Contracts with a capital C. We do differentiate. Now Legal says
these short-term power sales and billing documents are Contracts; I say
they're contracts (little "c") and only need to be kept EX +4 (per FERC).

What's your experience with contracts, one size fits all?  If so we're going to
have to capture and scan about 800,000 individual agreements with residential
customers!  (It's okay, I'm retiring in 8 months.)
Thanks for any info you can offer.

Phil Wallace
Portland General Electric Co.
Portland, OR