Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 10:17:07 -0700
If one is using the NARUC as legal source for retention of records they
should be aware that the NARUC is an private association retention schedule.
The retention periods for the record series are based on the longest
retention as contributed by the state governments and may be far longer than
required by your state legal requirements.

However, I would highly recommend purchasing the document from the
association as a guideline of what records a public/private utility may
have, but it is not all inclusive.    If at all possible I would rely and
follow the FERC  (125.3/225.3).

Robert W Dalton, CRM
Dalton Consulting
253-229-4555

In addition to FERC (NRC and other Federal and State regulatory authorities)
we rely upon guidance of NARUC, the National Association of Regulatory
Utility Commissioners.  NARUC indicates that certain contracts be retained
as contract expiration/termination/cancellation + 6 years.   Other contracts
may need to be retained for Life of Plant (Plant Retirement date + 6 years
or Sale of Plant + 6 years. You may also need/want to factor in
depreciation, decommissioning, etc. Additional factors for consideration may
be the need to support any environmental claims.
I hope this info helps!

Michael D. Levey
SCANA
W:803-217-8580
F:803-933-8612

Contact [log in to unmask] for assistance To unsubscribe from
this list, click the below link. If not already present, place UNSUBSCRIBE
RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the message.