From:
John Milligan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Milligan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2013 05:19:26 -0700
LAST CALL!!

ARMA Metro
Maryland Wednesday, May 8, 2013,

LAST CALL!!

ARMA Metro
Maryland Wednesday, May 8, 2013, Dinner Meeting, "Autocategorization for Records and Information Management:
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly." Presented
by Ben Licciardi, PPCAnalyst

Time:Networking - 6 PM
to 6:30 PM; Dinner - 6:30 to 7:30; Presentation/Discussion/Q&A - 7:30 PM to
8:30 PM - Registration and Details at http://www.eventbrite.com/event/6018089267

Location:  Amalfi Ristorante Italiano; 12307 Wilkins
Ave., Rockville, MD 20851

Program:  Autocategorization is a
computer-assisted method of applying metadata to files using a variety of
techniques including simple if/then logic, text analytics, and sophisticated
statistical analysis. In layman’s terms, that means uploading a file to a
system and having metadata fields like subject, department, and author
automatically applied without a human indexer having to lift a finger. Sounds
great, right? But is autocategorization all it’s cracked up to be?  In
this presentation, we’ll take a look at the latest in autocategorization
tools—what they are, how they work, and some of their pros and cons. We’ll also
explore related tools like taxonomy management systems and how they fit into
the picture. After diving into some examples, we’ll outline high-level selection
criteria to consider if you’re in the market for an autocategorization tool.
Finally, we’ll conclude with a group discussion on how autocategorization and
other taxonomy-related systems fit into the records and information management
landscape.

Speaker Bio:  Mr. Licciardi
is an Analyst at Project Performance Corporation with over five years of experience designing and
maintaining taxonomies and over 10 years of experience in the field of library
and information science. He has developed and managed controlled vocabularies for
Fortune 500 companies and non-profit associations and has considerable
experience helping clients develop strategic ways to collect and share critical
business information.

Menu: Dinner will include all soft
drinks, tea, and coffee, House Salad, Bread, Tiramisu Dessert, and one entre (select
one): Lasagna; Eggplant Parmigiana; Chicken Parmigiana, Mussels; Cheese Ravioli

Reservations Required: Please RSVP
by 5:00 PM Monday, May 8, by responding to your on-line invitation or visit: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/6018089267 No refunds for
cancellations after Monday, May 8, 5:00 PM.

Meeting Cost:  Online registration with credit card, ARMA
Member $35; Non-Member $40; and reduced rate for students with valid ID and
applicable studies. For questions regarding registration and student rates,
send message to the attention of Carol Agayoff at [log in to unmask]   All registrations are pre-paid.