From:
John James O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2013 12:01:06 -0400
I suppose many of us make interesting RIM discoveries as customers of one
corporation or another.

In a customer service matter related to a product flaw (google "LG microwave
touchpad repair"), LG has advised that a document is not received, despite
another employee's explanation that pdf files cannot be opened (until set
straight on what a pdf file is, and lo it could be opened) and then tow more
employees claiming no receipt of a requested document despite an LG
automated (I think) response confirming receipt.

To top this off, the "smart" system generates customer responses using an
email that cannot accept replies, requiring the customer to go back to step
one with each and every representative.

Is this the rant of a customer still unsatisfied since Nov. 2012? Sure, in
part. If anyone in my network has a way to by-pass LGs investment in
creating a barrier between customers and accountable management, please let
me know off list.

Otherwise, I am interested in learning how often and in what form electronic
records systems fail to meet customer needs and, in effect, hide this from
the company. This could make for interesting learning for those of us
involved in digital record systems.