From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2013 08:34:55 -0400
Brian.

I totally understand what you are saying.  But IMHO we seem to be running
away from the "records" term.  To your point "not media dependent" - isn't
that a basis for how we define what a record is?  It isn't the format but
the content that matters - that is what has been run into my brain since
the dawn of electronic records.

When I see a presentation like the one PK linked to it makes me wonder.
Everything the author covered are considerations I as a records manager
must take into account when implementing a records (and information
management) program.  We've essentially let others highjack our
principals.

To paraphrase one of my favorite songs from Billy Joel:
"Everybody's talkin' 'bout the new term (information governance)
Funny, but it's still records and information management to me"

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
Virginia Beach, VA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bblanco