From:
"Marks, Tammy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2013 16:16:00 +0000
Currently our 'verbal policy' is that if you are working around original documents there should not be food/drink present, as accidents could occur. If staff members do not work with or around original documents then they are allowed to eat in their offices. I say this is a 'verbal policy' as we do not have anything in writing with regard to this. Some staff members feel that this is fine, others feel that we should not have food/drink other than in the break room.  We are working on implementing a written policy on this issue.

I am curious as to whether or not other Archive agencies have a policy with regard to food/drink for staff and for the public; and if so, what is included in the language of that policy.

Thank you.

Tammy

Tammy Marks
Director, Records Management Services Division
Maine State Archives
84 SHS, 230 State Street
Augusta, ME 04333
(207) 287-5799 (Voice)