From:
Joanna Rios <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2013 08:00:03 -0400
Dear Sharon,
I am interested in learning more about this project. I was a student of
Fred Grevin's at the Queens College, where I completed where I completed an
MLS with a certificate in Archives and Preservation of Cultural Materials.
He suggested I contact you. I have been working for Fred at the Economic
Development Corporation’s Records Management Department. Initially I was
working on the Mayoral Papers, collecting digital records that document the
agency’s major milestones and decisions during the Bloomberg
Administration. Since then, I have also worked on the transition to an
upgraded records management system (from FileSurf to Autonomy) and in using
the system to store our digital assets. I have worked with record producers
to identify metadata elements for both paper and electronic documents,
developed indexing and uploading protocols for e-records, and have trained
users on how to conduct searches using the software's web client. I have
created folder-level inventories of box after box of legacy records and we
are now in the process of identifying boxes eligible for destruction. As I
said, I would like to know about this project and what you are looking for.
I have attached a copy of my resume. You can reach me via this email or at
718-690-4147. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Joanna Rios