From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2013 08:20:46 -0700
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 7:25 AM, Glen Sanderson
<[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Will be visiting San Jose for 10 days (July 14-23).  Is there an ARMA
> chapter in the Bay Area or San Jose area that may be having a meeting in
> the evening?  I may like to attend.
>
> Also if you have any recommendations on what to see I would appreciate it.
>  Already heard about Winchester House, Lassen Volcanic Park(a bit far to go
> though).
>
> Thank you,
>
> Glen

Lassen is definitely too far, but Yosemite is a day trip from the Bay
Area-  3-3.5hrs each way driving, another 3hrs in the park.

Alcatraz can be fun, but on the weekends its PACKED in the summer.

Golden Gate park has the Conservatory of Flowers, Japanese Tea Garden,
Steinhart Aquarium, DeYoung Museum, Academy of Science and the list goes
on... http://sfrecpark.org/parks-open-spaces/golden-gate-park-guide/

The palace of Fine Arts/Leigon of Honor is beautiful in the evenings and
it's close to the Golden Gate Bridge and the Presidio (the Walt Disney
Family Museum is there). Muir Woods is a drive up Hwy 101 to the Golden
Gate Bridge, then up Hwy 1 from there.

Winchester Mystery House is fun, but if you have to skip something, this
might be what you skip... but if you wanna see something in SJ go to the
Rosicrucian Museum www.*egyptianmuseum*.org/   and if you have extra South
Bay time, head to the Coast to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk and ride the Big
Dipper- a FINE old Lady of a wooden roller coaster.

The Oakland A's will be in town the 14th, but on the road the rest of your
stay means that "other team" will be in town, but you couldn't PAY ME to go
see them...

Napa/Sonoma is the "big name" wine country but there are plenty of
vineyards out in Livermore Valley as well and its much closer
http://www.lvwine.org/

SF also has Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, North Beach, Union Square, Cable
Cars, and make sure you're on the Embarcadero one evening to see the light
display on the Bay Bridge.  It's never the same twice!

In case you couldn't tell... I was born and raised in the East Bay, have
lived here most of my life... spent a few years in San Jose also.

Larry

*--
Lawrence J.Medina*
*Danville, CA