From:
Gary Link <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2013 16:28:19 -0400
Wayne,

I see no problem with making two record series, and scheduling the paper
for a shorter retention while scheduling the electronic image for
permanent retention. We records managers get so caught up on making sure
we emphasize that an electronic record is a legitimate record (and so the
paper is not needed after adequate QA/QC), that we forget that it may be
the two versions' differing PURPOSES, and not the fact that it they are
different formats/mediums, that qualifies them to be considered separate
record series. By the way, doing so will also ensure the proper
destruction procedures that you want.

The earth didn't just crack open, did it?

Gary Link
Pittsburgh, PA