From:
Glenn Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 2013 11:42:09 +1000
Hi Janice

Don't know about ISO standards, but think very carefully about all upper
case. It reduces your options. If you have everything in mixed case, and
need upper case for a specific output (eg labels you can read from more
than half a metre away), it is easy to convert mixed case to all upper
case. But it is not possible to convert all upper case into mixed case with
any degree of accuracy for personal names. The best example is Scottish
names, where most names capitalise the letter after the 'Mac' or 'Mc', but
not all do.

All upper case is much less readable on screen or on paper, eg in lists of
multiple items. Mixed case gives you more options for a variety of outputs.
Don't let requirements for one output cripple other options. All upper case
is a throwback to systems about 30 years ago. Just don't!

Cheers

Glenn

Glenn Sanders
Australia
0467 740 161 (new mobile number)
These views are mine alone. They may or may not be those of any
previous or present employers or clients. I don't know. If I'd asked and
they'd agreed, I would have signed it "Harry Peck and Co and Glenn".
Or whatever. But I haven't, so I didn't.