From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2013 09:32:49 -0400
From the ARMA Web Site IGP FAQs
http://www.arma.org/r2/igp-certification/igporigin

What is the relationship between the IGP and the CRM?
 The certifications are complementary.

ARMA International fully supports the Institute of Certified Records
Managers and the certified records manager(TM) (CRM) designation. We
encourage records and information management (RIM) professionals to attain
CRM status. It is difficult work - and the rigors of such an effort prove
the mettle of those who attain that designation. Certified records managers
are at the top of the RIM profession. They are in the trenches every day,
helping move their organizations forward.

The IGP certification is one of the natural career paths for anyone in the
RIM profession, as well as for others in careers concerned about various
aspects of information governance. As such, the IGP certification is geared
toward the professional working at a strategic level, and assesses
competence in various topics, including information privacy, information
security, risk management, corporate transparency and accountability,
information integrity and authenticity, software solutions, quality audits,
and continuous improvement.

A certified information governance professional may not actually execute
many of the tasks required to implement an effective program. But those who
earn the IGP certification will have proven that they have the knowledge and
skills required to drive the governance of all of the information within an
organization.

From Sylvia:

May I ask what is the difference between the two?

Tod Chernikoff, CRM, IGP, CIP
Silver Spring MD
www.twitter.com/tchernik

>>> These comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my
family, friends, employer or any other organization I am associated with.
<<<