From:
"McLallen, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2013 15:41:03 +0000
I'm really stunned about the 50 & 75 year retention periods. The State of Colorado, which I always considered to be pretty conservative about this stuff says 10 years after separation. Our H.R. director asked me to try to get it reduced to 3 years after separation, but the State wouldn't budge.  Suddenly, 10 years sees pretty reasonable.  75? Wow.

David R. McLallen, ECMp
Boulder County Records Manager
Boulder, Colorado

Please promote sustainability – only print emails when necessary!