Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2013 08:12:39 -0700
Hugh,

     I have been involved in the management of information for almost 30 years. I have learned the power of information and how it's management can benefit an organization. I have lived through the era of 'right to privacy and access to information' within Canada, and understand the delicate balance that must exist between those two ideas.
   In my semi-retirement, I have the luxury of having an opinion and not worrying about the political consequences of saying what I believe. Although this forum is usually reserved for strictly professional purposes only, once in awhile it is important for one to stand up for correct principles.
   Hugh, I applaud your comments regarding the need for freedom to access for information when that information is important for free individuals to defend their basic rights. That right should be independent of any political party and any country.

Sam McCollum, MBA, CRM
Sent from my iPad