From:
"David T. Macknet" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2013 09:56:37 -0700

NIST recommends contacting the device manufacturer for mobile devices
after first deleting all information and then performing a full factory
reset. Have a quick read over
https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/itsg2/Guidelines+for+Information+Media+Sanitization
[2] which will point you to the NIST document & also to some common
tools for performing such destruction.

-D

On 2013-09-18 09:39, Westlund, Cheryl wrote:

> I am working on checklists and quick reference guides for a clean-up day
> event. I have searched AIIM, ARMA, the ListServ, my personal archive/books
> and the web for guidelines on permanently deleting/wiping files from mobile
> storage devices (CDs, USBs, DVDs, etc.) and can't seem to find much. I
> would like to provide a quick reference guide for employees to follow to
> wipe files from their mobile media before they place these items in the
> shred bins.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
> Cheryl Westlund, CRM
> Records and Information Management Office / Phone: 1-317-521-4734
> Roche Diagnostics Operations, Inc. / 9115 Hague Road, P.O. Box 50416
> / Indianapolis, IN 46250-0416

> mailto:[log in to unmask]

Links:
------