From:
David Gaynon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2013 09:38:59 -0700
http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2013/nov/07/are-we-puppets-wired-world/

The link above is a review by Sue Halpern of the following books that I thought readers of the list might find of interest.  Rather than retyping the below titles they were copied from the NY Review of Books article. I found if you click on them they will take you to the Amazon site where you can purchase them.  In the interest of fairness to other book sellers I have turned off these hyperlinks though I am unsure if recipients of this email will be able to turn them back on.

To Save Everything, Click Here: The Folly of Technological Solutionism
by Evgeny Morozov
PublicAffairs, 413 pp., $28.99
Hacking the Future: Privacy, Identity and Anonymity on the Web
by Cole Stryker
Overlook, 255 pp., $25.95
From Gutenberg to Zuckerberg: What You Really Need to Know About the Internet
by John Naughton
Quercus, 302 pp., $24.95
Predictive Analytics: The Power to Predict Who Will Click, Buy, Lie, or Die
by Eric Siegel
Wiley, 302 pp., $28.00
Big Data: A Revolution That Will Transform How We Live, Work, and Think
by Viktor Mayer-Schönberger and Kenneth Cukier
Eamon Dolan/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 242 pp., $27.00
Status Update: Celebrity, Publicity, and Branding in the Social Media Age
by Alice E. Marwick
Yale University Press, 368 pp., $27.50
Privacy and Big Data: The Players, Regulators and Stakeholders
by Terence Craig and Mary E. Ludloff
O'Reilly Media, 108 pp., $19.99 (paper)

David B. Gaynon
Huntington Beach CA, USA