From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2013 09:32:22 -0400
Peter, I sent this on to some Doctors I know that might use this in research papers. Doctors are notoriously short on time and something that can speed their research might help them develop faster diagnosis for a patient.

Every unusual case is written up by Residents and they spend valuable time on research and if this helps them find things faster and with greater relevance to their unique case, medicine will be improved.

On Oct 25, 2013, at 12:00 AM, RECMGMT-L automatic digest system wrote:

> Subject: Turning reams of paper medical records into valuable insights | CITEworld
>

> Turning reams of paper medical records into valuable insights | CITEworld
>
> WebChartMD has been scanning paper or dictated medical records into
> electronic format since it set up shop in 2007. Now, the company has
> announced a new Big Data Analytics Tool that lets everybody from individual
> doctors to entire medical groups conduct searches and run analytics against
> those records.
>
> The product runs against a NoSQL database of unstructured, free-text
> documents. WebChartMD chose NoSQL because it considers it to be highly
> scalable, said Mark Christensen, WebChartMD's COO.
>

> http://bit.ly/16z5T8h

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134