From:
mark driskill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
mark driskill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2013 10:53:43 -0700
http://slisweb.sj
Oops I forgot to post the link to the MARA program.

http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/programs/master-archives-and-records-administration-mara

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:51 AM, mark driskill <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Thanks Larry the term "a true archive" threw me, in the context Ann used it, it is a noun. The ARMA glossary has an entry for "archives" but not "archive". The SAA Glossary has both, with "archive" being the verb. The correct term for "a true archive" I took to mean "archives" as per the SAA definition. With all of our posts I think Ann now has some guidance. Larry, you have a firm grasp on the differences between the terms, and I applaud you because the nomenclature surrounding the terms across RM and Archival Science is confusing lots of professionals around the world. I like to think that my program, San Jose State University School of Library and Information Science, Masters in Archives and Records Administration (MARA), has taught me how to how to negotiate both professions. The MARA program really is quite remarkable (shameless plug) because of the instructors. You can read about it here.