From:
Diane Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2013 14:21:14 -0600
Jessie - All of your suggestions are keeping me up at night; however, if I
may add one more thing to your list...

Today's industries (minus a few such as banking, pharmaceuticals, etc) are
bottom line organizations.  Soft numbers just don't work when it comes to
the potential risk, potential cost of e-discovery, time looking for a
high-value documents or even massive volumes of data and the cost of
storing unstructured unclassified and unmangaged business records - not to
mention general infomration and the case for information management.  Legal
holds - of course we can isoltate items for legal holds with a crawler and
call it a day.

I read the white papers which state that enterpises don't know what
information exists, where it is located, classification for the sake of
retention is unavailable and that the cost of limited or less than
effective governance can be significant.

Top management says SHOW ME THE MONEY.  Why should we take the time of
talented professionals to apply (even simple) metadata to business records
or other information when they have things to do?

I know each organization is different.  Some, i.e. oil & gas companies have
an easier time quantifying real time - while others struggle with - no real
way of capturing cost savings numbers.

OKAY - Now my question... How does the RIM professional provide the
solution of pervasive governance or legacy clean up for that matter with *real
dollars* and the confidence that will get top management attention if there
is no significant litigation on the roadmap?

What do you think?
D-

Diane Walker, CRM
Be Prepared To Be Successful !