From:
"Martin, Deborah L" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2013 16:40:11 +0000
Meg,

Here is a list of the time only retention periods that the Department of Energy uses at my site (this includes DOE schedules and select NARA schedules):

0M (destroy immediately')	1Y		10Y			50Y
1M				2Y		10Y+3M		56Y
2M				3Y		11Y			60Y
3M				4Y		12Y			65Y
4M				5Y		15Y			70Y
5M				6Y+3M		20Y			75Y
6M				7Y		20Y+6M		80Y
				8Y		25Y			100Y
				9Y		30Y			150Y

So no, we don't limit the number of retention periods to a certain few, I wish we did, but these schedules are mandated by law.  However, several of them are never used because they are outdated (e.g. audio dictation belts or tapes), or because there are other schedules that are more relevant.

Deb Martin, CRM, CIP
DOE Integration Support
Lockheed Martin
825 Jadwin, Room 454