From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2013 09:06:37 -0800
On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 8:56 AM, Glen Sanderson
<[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Deb, will you please explain 0M destroy immediately and when that would be
> used?  Also it does seem a bit excessive on the number of retention periods
> you have however it does beat Indefinite.

Deb was actually being gracious listing ONLY the ones she listed... DOE
also has a myriad of "Event plus" retention periods.  The most difficult
thing about applying many of these is it's subjective as to when the
"Event" occurs.

I can't speak for Deb's DOE "0M" but in our case, it's either worded as
"Destroy immediately" which essentially means it's a non-record, because
you DON'T retain it at all or "Destroy when obsolete or superseded" which
means it's a transitory record and no longer has any 'record' value when it
is revised.

Larry

*Lawrence J. Medina Danville, CARIM Professional since 1972*