From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2013 09:18:01 -0800
With all this discussion of cost, value, venues, travel and all I have to
ask the question I've posed for years...

Why not consider holding the Conference Biannually instead of Annually?
And then extend the length back to the number of days it used to be for
both the Conference and the Expo?

It might make getting employers to agree to attendance easier by keeping
all costs "similar" with the exception of adding one night's lodging and
expenses to the total by only having to support the cost once every two
years. It would also lower the burden on vendors substantially.

Between 1984 and 2010, I attended 20+ of these, half as an out-of-pocket
cost because my employer wouldn't support the cost, and I really don't
think the experience would suffer much from cutting the frequency in half.
As for the need for a "Venue city", I've long argued that session
attendance may increase if there was less 'venue' and more education.  It
sure would have made selling attendance to my employer easier if I could
have demonstrated sufficient value in the content.

Larry

*Lawrence J. Medina Danville, CARIM Professional since 1972*